Interpreting the Book of Revelation
ISBN: 978-0914936-10-7 Softcover, 203 Pages 7" x 10"
In this companion volume to Interpreting the Scriptures, Kevin Conner describes the fundamental principles for unlocking the mysteries of the Book of Revelation. Not an exposition in itself, the text avoids eschatological controversy by focusing on teaching the reader how to apply proper hermeneutical principles.
Because hermeneutics is both a science of knowig the rules and an art of application, the reader is given relevant principles of interpretation, then challenged to accurately apply them. Self-study assignments are provided to assist in this learning process.
Full of insights that developed from a lifetime spent studying, teaching and modeling God's Word, Interpreting the Book of Revelation promises to become an indispensable resource in any library. It is the author's assurance that despite one's eschatological persuasion or opinion regarding the contents of this book, the reader will gain valuable insight into the interpretation and understanding of this miraculously inspired Book of Revelation.
Table of Contents:
- Hermeneutical Problems of The Revelation
- Schools of Interpretation of The Revelation
- Historical Background of The Revelation
- Methods of Interpreting The Revelation
- Principles of Research in The Revelation
- The Revelation - The Book of Ultimates
- The Structure of The Revelation
- The Revelation - History or Prophecy?
- The Theology of the Revelation
- Hermeneutical Principles of The Revelation
- The Context Principle
- The First Mention Principle
- The Comparative Mention Principle
- The Progressive Mention Principle
- The Complete Mention Principle
- The Election Principle
- The Covenantal Principle
- The Ethnic Division Principle
- The Chronometrical Principle
- The Breach Principle
- The Christo-Centric Principle
- The Moral Principle
- The Symbolic Principle
- The Numerical Principle
- The Typical Principle
- Keys of Significance in The Revelation
- A Study Outline of The Revelation
- Supplemental - Self-Study Guide Assignments