ISBN: 978-1886849-96-9 Softcover, 48 Pages 5.5" x 8.5"
Doug Lasit has brought a timely resource for parents and everyone who works with young people. NetWise is a tool to help you and your family safely navigate the Internet. The Internet should be a safe, enjoyable, educational and fun experience. We hope that NetWise can help you accomplish this goal.
Table of Contents:
- Core Issues
- The Ten Commandments of Using the Internet
- Safeguarding Your Home and Building Your Framework
- Six Common Excuses for Not Using Filters
- Types of Filtering Systems - How to Use Them
- How to Check Web History, Recycle Bin, and Email
- Children at Risk Online - A Word From the FBI for Parents
- What Do You Do If You Find That Your Child Has Been Accessing Inappropriate Sites?
- Reward and Discipline